Search This Blog

Saturday 11 June 2011

Terrarium - Of that kind!


I have discovered a new alternative to giving flowers. Give a terrarium instead! The happiest feeling about them is that they last forever! Flowers don't. These little bundles of plant mass contain a personalised utopia that sits on your window and makes you smile when your standing drinking a cuppa. 

I made a bunch over the weekend and I just love them! They are so simple to make, yet look so complex. I'm not going to show you how to make one, as there are 101 videos online dedicated to terrarium building. However, I will give you a few tips. First of all, when looking for a terrarium vase, just go to Vinnies! I found mine for $4 each! Also, I used a variety of ground coverings including baby's tears and corsican mint, the mint is more hardy. Also, they need to keep damp all the time or the heat form the glass will fry the plants! Last of all, add your own personal touch like your nannas ceramic bunny, or a little gnome you found on that road trip.

We are selling these terrariums in the photos below for a steal! Send us an email at thefoxtrail@gmail.com for prices & delivery (within Sydney only), I guarantee you, they will be cheaper than the next bunch of flowers you buy!

Handmade Terrarium collection for sale!
Cognac Glass Terrarium 14cm high x 10cm width
Teapot Terrarium 14cm height x 14cm width (incl. lid)
Sugar pourer Terrarium 13cm height x 8cm width
Large Jar Terrarium 19cm height x 11cm width

No comments:

Post a Comment