Search This Blog

Thursday 13 October 2011

Balcony design inspirations - what is one to do?

I've been searching blogs high and low for great balcony decorating ideas - our balcony is in desperate need of a make over (watch this space) and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I've been thinking astro turf could be a really fun and exciting choice (yes, I know it would be kitsch - I've already found the place to by my plastic garden flamingos). And then I think I want something beautifully crafted with decking and luscious planting, a proper grown up space. And then of course there's my love of succulents so maybe a succulent, arid style balcony would work well? Oh the choice. What do you think? 


This is my mini mood board for the super kitsch balcony space - look at that colour!
Images from 
The Cool Hunter, furniture from Emu and buy your fabulous flamingos here

This is the design that keeps beckoning me to be a grown up with a sophisticated space. Beautifully designed by the Sydney Landscape design agency Spirit Level 


And these succulent gems are all from Flora Grubb Gardens - what an inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOD... it's GOTTA be the astro turf... how many opportunities do you get to do that? Totally fun... I always wanted it on ours when we had one!!
    Do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a little wading pool, banana lounge and daquiris of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'll just go for it! You're right, how many times do you get to use astro turf?! And the daiquiris are an absolute must!!! xx

    ReplyDelete